- Born: 27 Mar 1928, Platteville, WI
- Marriage (1): Roger Genthe
- Died: 26 Aug 2010, Platteville, WI at age 82
- Buried: 28 Aug 2010, Platteville, WI, Hillside Cemetery
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary: Telegraph Herald. PLATTEVILLE, Wis. -- Virginia M. Genthe, 82, of Platteville, died Thursday, Aug. 26, 2010, at Manor Care Nursing Home, Platteville.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 28, at Lutheran Church of Peace, Platteville, with the Rev. Jeffrey Pederson officiating. Burial will be in Hillside Cemetery, Platteville. Friends may call after 9 a.m. Saturday at the church. The Martin Schwartz Funeral Home, Platteville, is in charge of arrangements.
She was born on March 27, 1928, in rural Platteville, daughter of Clarence and Viola (Boyd) Davies. Virginia graduated from the Platteville High School.
She married Roger Genthe; he preceded her in death on June 1, 1983.
Virginia lived in rural Platteville most of her life and was employed at the Platteville Telephone Co., the Sears Store and Spurgeons.
She liked to walk, knit and enjoyed making crafts.
Virginia was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary and the Lutheran Church of Peace in Platteville.
Surviving are her son, Daniel Genthe, of Madison; and several cousins, nieces and nephews.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.martinschwartzfuneralhomes.com.
Virginia married Roger Genthe, son of George Genthe and Mabel Stark.