- Born: 5 Aug 1935, Melvindale, MI
- Marriage (1): Casper Leon Lamb on 8 Jan 1955 in St Sebastian, Dearborn Township, MI
- Died: 5 Sep 2007, Tomah, WI at age 72
- Buried: 10 Sep 2007, Mather, WI, Pine Grove Cemetery
Grandparents from Sulphur Springs, Missouri
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary: From Torkelson Funeral Home. TORKELSON Funeral Home
2224 South Superior Ave.
Tomah, WI 54660
Tel: (608) 372-5158
RoseMary Lamb, age 72, of Wyeville, WI passed away Wednesday, September 5, 2007, at the Tomah Healthcare Center. She was born August 5, 1935, in Melvindale, MI to A.J. and Lena (Laddner) Kirn. She was united in marriage to Casper L. Lamb on January 8, 1955, in Dearborn, MI.
RoseMary was a member of St. Mary Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Tomah, WI. She enjoyed reading, sewing, crocheting and being with her family. She will be deeply missed by her family and friends.
She is survived by two daughters, Madonna Lamb of Tomah, WI and Victoria (Gary) McFall of Madison, WI; five sons, John Lamb of Mauston, WI, David Lamb of Camp Douglas, WI, Bruce Lamb of Warrens, WI, Charles (Betty) Lamb of Ponta Gorda, FL, and Phillip Lamb of Wyeville, WI; one sister-in-law, Jackie Kirn of Dearborn, MI; 17 grandchildren and many great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, A.J. and Lena, one son, Carl Lamb; and one brother, Harry Kirn.
Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Monday, September 10, 2007, 10:00 a.m. at St. Mary Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Tomah, WI. The Very Rev. Steven J. Kachel will officiate. Burial will follow in the Pine Grove Cemetery, Mather, WI. Family and friends are invited for visitation on Sunday, September 9, 2007, from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. with rosary by the St. Mary's PCCW at 4:00 p.m. at the Torkelson Funeral Home in Tomah, WI. Family and friends are also invited for visitation on Monday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of service at the church. The Torkelson Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be offered at www.torkelsonfuneralhome.com.
• Miscellaneous. Ah, the leap after high school. I worked as a typist & telephone operator (can you hear me now?) at the Penobscot building in Detroit. In 1955, I married Casper Lamb and made the big move to Tomah, WI. One year later, we moved to Racine. In 1959, we moved from Racine to Garden City, MI. One year later, we moved back to Racine where I began working at Whitman Publishing (so, are you tired yet?). Whitman produced Golden Books, other children's reading & coloring books, and games. I worked there for 11 years as a binder.
In 1974, we moved to Camp Douglas, WI, where I began working at Union
Camp Corporation. In 1977, we moved to our current home in metropolis of Wyeville, WI (population 154!!). In 1981, I began working at Fort McCoy, near Sparta, WI. I was a custodian for 10 years and a clerk for the last 5 years. I retired due to being diagnosed with COPD in 1996. In 2000, I had heart surgery to replace my aortic valve.
I have 8 children, my greatest achievements: Madonna, John, David, Carl (died at six months of SIDS), Victoria, Bruce, Charles, & Phillip. All were born in Racine except David who was born in Garden City. I have 16 ¾ grandchildren (one's due shortly!) and 7 great grandchildren.
I tried bluff climbing in my younger days, but was petrified, so I moved on to extreme crocheting & making quilts for my grandchildren. We also enjoy camping with our fifth wheeler.
RoseMary married Casper Leon Lamb, son of Gaylon Leroy Lamb and Carrie Elizabeth Griffin, on 8 Jan 1955 in St Sebastian, Dearborn Township, MI. (Casper Leon Lamb was born on 20 Nov 1932 in Tomah, WI, died on 23 Jan 2012 in Tomah, WI and was buried on 27 Jul 2012 in Mather, WI, Pine Grove Cemetery.)